Friday, June 14, 2013

My TISS Story

It's funny how hazily we may first come to know about what turn out to be the most significant areas of our life. The way psychology happened to me, and of course psychology in DU, would make a very interesting plot for a novel I could write someday. Same goes with TISS. I had no clue about it's existence till late 2nd year of graduation, let alone it's selection procedure but once I got to hear about it from a senior and that it's entrance is pretty tough (which was enough to attract me at that point of time :D), it seemed like the whole universe actually greeted me with a barrage of TISS related information and conversations. Before I knew, I had heard so much about TISS, all good of course, that I was highly motivated to give the first stage of the entrance my best shot.



The first stage happened and I ended up being one of the highest scorers (with 90 you see :D). This was enough to let me dream boldly and actually think that I could get into TISS after all. The best part was, the introduction of a new course that perfectly suited my future goals and present interests. For my honours in graduation i.e. psychology, there was just one course in TISS till last year i.e. Counselling for which I wasn't very keen. This year, so that I didn't have any reservations about joining TISS and not DU, they introduced Clinical Psychology (by the active direction of God, I being His favorite kid you see :D).

The next two stages went satisfactory and what happened in-between is of no consequence now. Well nothing much...I just had terrible result anxiety and ended up having bad mood swings and irritability for no apparent reason, but that's as I said nothing much, is it? They tested our patience by delaying the results but you know the super high scores in my score card managed to do well in appeasing my temporal annoyance *grinning from ear to ear* Fast forward one month and now in June I'm here in Mumbai, in the cyber library of my college, having attended all three days of a superb orientation that made me fall in love with TISS all the more.


Bathed in hope and wrapped in a warm sheath of faith, I look forward to the beginning of a new life. It's in a way a continuation of my previous years in terms of what I have always wished to do and new in terms of leaving me with hardly any choice but to give life my best shot yet. I'm all charged with an energy that borders on frightening me and I can't wait for this energy to be properly channelized once the classes start. Students of other courses have their classes underway already but we people have to wait till Monday. Good Lord how will I pass this weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. nice...awsome reflection. i like it..nd it will be help to u make assignment in HUMAN GROWTH AND BEHAVIOUR in psychological way... :-p :-) :-)

      Delete
  2. those 3 days of orientation, the questions asked by the ppls,
    especially on last 2 days..:P
    btw all the very best to u fr ur journey in TISS ahead..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those 3 days of orientation, the questions asked by the ppls,
    especially on last 2 days..:P
    btw all the very best to u fr ur journey in TISS ahead..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the best for your journey....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Your comment might prove to be just the push needed for me to write more frequently and with a bit more thought and planning. Do take out a minute or two and tell me what you felt about this blog or this post of mine and any suggestions you think might prove to be useful. Your comment is highly awaited...