Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My 1st award




What started as sort of a personal diary has now been conferred a popular award in the blogosphere. Yes, my blog has been awarded the ‘Liebster Award’ by the phenomenal story teller Anupam Patra (he blogs here) one person in the blogosphere I hugely admire. I started blogging when I was still in school and for reasons that now I find laughable, I kept the html a secret. No one in my family knew that I had a blog back then, let alone friends. I didn’t advertise anywhere, needless to add.  Entering college brought in me a plethora of changes, one of which was that I opened up to the idea of advertising myself. Hence started the Indiblogger experience (here is where I came across Anupam Patra Sir’s blog) and blogging became a lot more fun. I read n number of blogs a day, commented on the posts I liked and made a number of friends. I realised I had been myopic not to have opened up myself to the spirited world of my fellow bloggers and quickly made amends by adding the most illustrious bloggers to my network and making a habit of reading their posts regularly. Over the last 1 year I found priceless bits of knowledge in the most unexpected of places, read soulful poetry and heart rending stories, laughed holding my belly with some, cried with a contended smile with others, got readers for my blog and met like minded people who are going to be featured for a long time on my ‘must read’ list. Ok, so now about the award and the man who graciously awarded it to this kid.


“Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster Blog Award is given to up-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.”


Needless to say, I’m over the moon. Firstly, this award epitomises qualities I dearly cherish and that somebody I absoloutely admire thinks I deserve this award is extremely humbling. Anupam Patra Sir is a new entrant in blogosphere but has made rapid strides in popularity with the quality of content in his blog. His opinions on legal and social issues, his short stories and poems, all come straight from his heart and he is one person who is fantastically versatile. He deserves this award and I feel honoured to have him award me this one.
Thank you Anupam Sir J
This award comes with certain rules:

If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you & make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.
Tag 11 more Bloggers.
Tell the people you tagged that you did.
No tagging back.

Here we go with 11 facts about me:
1.     I love reading. Classics, poetry, psychology, philosophy, politics give me anything, I’ll fall in love with it the moment I see it.
2.     I’m a bibliophile. Most of my pocket money goes on books and the mini library I have at home is one of my biggest assets. I feel good at the mere sight of a book and my dream date would be one in a library.
3.     I love writing. It is the best way I express myself and only through writing do I manage to resolve conflicts of emotions and achieve clarity of thoughts.
4.     I’m a good communicator but not good at conversations. I love public speaking and have been a good orator since childhood but I find small talk extremely difficult.
5.     I love studying. Sounds odd? Well, blame my parents. I come from a family wherein academic achievement is the hallmark of a person’s capabilities and everything else is secondary. Did I have any other option? Love, by default, alas!
6.     I’m an introvert. I love people (otherwise I would not have opted for psychology) but can’t tolerate too many of them around me at once. I have a very high need for privacy and solitude and there is nobody that I find more companionable than a good book. I draw energy from within and don’t seek many friends. One or two special friendships are enough for me.
7.     I’m a feminist. And I’m absoloutely comfortable with the tag. I can stand everything but male chauvinism.
8.     I’m idiocentric i.e. my orientation is individualistic. For me, individual achievements and happiness hold more importance than keeping the non-entity called society happy.
9.     I experience withdrawal symptoms if I don’t have my watch on my wrist.
10. There is nobody I wait for more eagerly than the newspaper vendor in the morning.
11. I believe in God. Lord Shiva is my mainstay, my emotional support, my everything. I don’t know how I would survive if he were to ask me to stop talking to him.

Now the 11 questions Anupam Sir has put to me and their answers:
1.       'Checkered blue n white' or 'black'?
- Black
2.        Curtains or no curtains?
- Curtains
3.       Hardcover, paperback or ebooks?
- Paperback
4.       What's your ambiance while writing?
- Stillness outside, storm inside
5.        Do you plan to publish a novel?
- Not yet
6.       Do you like to make a gift for your loved one or do you rather buy?
- I like to make it myself
7.       Which is the most beautiful color according to you?
- Blue (this must be universally known I guess)
8.       What’s your mantra in life?
- Live and let live
9.       Have you ever thought of becoming a soldier in your life?
- No
10.   Do you have stage fear?
- No.
11.   ‘Mickey mouse/ Aladin/Duck Tales’ or ‘ Shin Chan/ Doraemon/ Kitretsu’?
-‘Mickey mouse/ Aladin/Duck Tales’


Here are 11 questions for those I’m going to nominate:

1.     Religion or spirituality?
2.     Do you like partying?
3.     Who is your Prime Ministerial candidate for 2014?
4.     Barcelona or Manchester United?
5.     Blogger or Wordpress?
6.     Dream holiday destination?
7.     Which genre of books/movies do you enjoy most?
8.     Do you like kids?
9.     Did you study Sanskrit in school?
10.   Is Chetan Bhagat overhyped according to you?
11.   Did you ever get lost in a new place?


As per the rules, I have nominated 11 deserving bloggers for this award who have been individually informed. Let’s spread love and sunshine around. Amen!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations ! :-) I am sure you deserve this and much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyo! Thanks a lot!!!:):)
    I'll do the required work soon!;):D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!My first time here and am completely mesmerized...a well deserved honor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ma'am. Coming from you, it means all the more to me :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Sudha. Glad that you find my work interesting and thank you for the support and nomination.
    Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to you too. You deserve it.
      Happy blogging.

      Delete

Hey there! Your comment might prove to be just the push needed for me to write more frequently and with a bit more thought and planning. Do take out a minute or two and tell me what you felt about this blog or this post of mine and any suggestions you think might prove to be useful. Your comment is highly awaited...