Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fallacy of confusing premises



You are not perfect. Far from that. 
Yet whenever I grow sick of the imperfection around, I instantly catch myself yearning for you.
 I...crave you, long for you, pine for you. 
Why?

After long intervals of not having given you or your memories any place in my thoughts,
 I think of you in a way that makes me feel like I had never abandoned your memories for a single second 
all this while. 
Why?

I am strong enough; enough to solve all my problems myself. 
At least when I feel I may not be up to it this time, I don't run to anybody with my problem. 
I keep the burden to myself. 
Yet the desire to hold you and cry in your arms in such moments is almost violent. 
I fervently feel the need to unburden myself- but not to anybody else other than you. 
Why? 

They say there are no contradictions in this world. 
They say when you face a contradiction, check your premises for one of them must be wrong.
Which of my premises is wrong?


That you are not perfect? Or that I am not mad?


5 comments:

  1. It was wonderful to read. I especially liked the use of envoi.
    But it is perfectly normal to have cognitive dissonance,atleast where this emotion is concerned :)

    -following ur work from now on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true...in fact it is this cognitive dissonance i believe that gives love its bittersweet nature. m glad u liked this one :)

      Delete
  2. This is a fine poem. i like the style...........you have a very diff style than mine. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality blogs on the internet.
    I'm going to highly recommend this website!

    Take a look at my weblog - free puzzle games

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off I would like to say terrific blog!
    I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
    I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear
    your head prior to writing. I've had a difficult time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Many thanks!

    Here is my weblog; safco cart

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Your comment might prove to be just the push needed for me to write more frequently and with a bit more thought and planning. Do take out a minute or two and tell me what you felt about this blog or this post of mine and any suggestions you think might prove to be useful. Your comment is highly awaited...